MARKET WRAP-UP 9 may 2018
Nifty ends below 10,750; Sensex gains 100 pts; PSU banks drag
After trading in a narrow range, the market has closed on positive note . The Sensex was up 103 points at 35319 and Nifty ended below 10,750 level. Among sectors, PSU banking stocks remained the laggard along with pharma and FMCG stocks.
Tata Motors, Asian Paints, Bharti Airtel, Tata Steel, Yes Bank, Titan Company, Bharti Infratel, HCL Tech and Tech Mahindra are the top gainers on the indices. BSE Sensex closed higher by 103.03 points, or 0.29%, to 35,319.35
HEADLINES OF THE DAY
- Shares of EID Parry touched a 52-week low of Rs 252 on the back poor set of numbers for the quarter ended March 2018.
- Vijaya Bank will grow net profit by 5 times in FY19, says CEO.
- Tata Motors April JLR sales up 12%.
- Sintex Industries rose 15 percent on the quarter ended March 2018. The company has posted 16 percent jump in its Q4 (Jan-March) net profit to Rs 57.42 crore.
- Suven Life Sciences gained nearly 2 percent as company secured product patents in Australia, Eurasia and Europe
UPCOMING RESULTS: - ADANITRANS, ADANIENT, ZEEL, ASIANPAINTS, TITAN, TATACOMM, UJJIVAN, SHANKARA, CHAMBAL FERTIL, UNION BANK,CHENNAI PETRO, NESTLE INDIA
For more update you can contact us :